The exterior of the Gun Lodge Hotel

The Gun Lodge Hotel

Originally built to house the officers of Fort George and was called the Cromal Lodge, It was turned into a hotel in late 1960. Taken over in 2008 by the present owners who have made the hotel fully en-suite.

The Restaurant has character with lots of pictures of the Ardersier Village in the early 1900’s serving lunches daily from 12-2 in the summer months and evening meals 6pm till 9pm using locally sourced food where possible and serving freshly prepared meals in the evening.

Due to the age of the hotel all the rooms have different qualities yet still boasting a modern appearance with a choice of Standard rooms or the Larger Executive rooms all rooms come with free WiFi, Complimentary toiletries, tea & coffee trays, fresh linen, free-view flat screen TV’s.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the shore of the Moray Firth With unsurpassed views of the Black Isle and beyond and a 20 minute walk to Fort George, just a 20 minute drive to Inverness with and hourly bus service.


Children welcome
Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
Licenced (table or bar)
Packed lunches provided
Special diets available
Lounge for residents' use
Ironing facilities
Private parking
Building of historical interest
Disabled facilities
Central heating
Television available
Restaurant open to non-residents
Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
Vegetarian diet available
American Express accepted
WiFi or internet access
Evening meals
High chairs available


High Street,

Telephone Number

01667 462734