With over 400 members operating in more than 30 business sectors, Visit Inverness Loch Ness is experienced in providing a membership that adds direct value to enhance and empower your business while contributing to the ongoing development of our world renowned destination.
There are two types of membership, levy payers - who are included in the business plan and vote at ballot, Opt In - businesses who are not included at the ballot may join the membership by opting in with the same benefits at the same proportional rate. We have a comprehensive onboarding process for new opt-in members, who receive a welcome pack and an opportunity for a phone call with our team to ensure your business benefits from its first day of membership.
Our membership provides many benefits to market and develop your business. By effectively listing your business on our website you can reach over 360k visitors. Tagging content on social media allows it to be shared across our platforms and reach our 51k followers. An image and video library offers high quality content to use in your marketing and digital activity. Meet other businesses, find partnerships and be informed to benefit your business at networking events, webinars and fam trips. Keep updated on grants, news and best practice through our weekly email newsletter. Provide your visitors with a map of the area with our See and Do maps, provided free of charge.
Direct Benefits for Your Business
- Listing on visitinvernesslochness.com which has over 360,000 site visitors per year
- Promotion of your business through a social media network with over 50,000 followers
- Access to a high-quality image and video library to professionally promote your business
- Free of charge A3 See and Do maps of the Visit Inverness Loch Ness destination for your customers
- Use of Visit Inverness Loch Ness branding
- Free access to networking events, to promote your business, build partnerships and learn best practice
- Free access to Fam Trips of the destination, meet new businesses and learn about our area
- Have the opportunity to host visitors and influencers
- Receive the monthly newsletter with the latest industry news and update from Visit Inverness Loch Ness
- Access training, business support, early access and discounted entry to events
- Business Tourism activity promotes businesses and the destination around the world
- Developed the Loch Ness 360° Trail attracting visitors and local people to explore and visit businesses
- Lobbying for action on key issues on our members behalf
- Key active projects such as the Inverness Influencer Lodge and the Loch Ness 360° Challenge
- Promotion of our businesses and the destination to a global audience
The cost of annual membership to receive these benefits is based on the rateable value of your business.
For businesses who do not have a rateable value, turnover will be used to select the appropriate membership.
You can join at any time of the membership year, 1st April - 31st March, with the cost being calculated pro rata from the joining date.