Visit Inverness Loch Ness are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the brand new role of Event Manager, based in Inverness. Salary £25,000 – £30,000.
Established in 2014, Visit Inverness Loch Ness (VILN) was the first Tourism Business Improvement District (BID) in the UK. A Tourism BID is an initiative where businesses in a defined area, in this case Inverness and Loch Ness, work together and collectively deliver projects to make an impact on their area. VILN aims to market and promote the destination to a worldwide audience and develop the destination product offered to visitors.
With a team of four, covering over 500 square miles and with a membership of over 400 businesses, VILN has a broad and diverse range of activities such as marketing, business tourism, business development, events and infrastructure.
After a successful five-year term, VILN was renewed at ballot in March 2019 for a further five years. Now under new leadership following a retiral, VILN has ambitious plans for continued growth. There is a clear business plan to continue supporting its members, stakeholders and the wider community, along with new activities to drive visitors to the area such as The Loch Ness Challenge taking place for the first time in May 2020. The team have great experience and are all passionate about the destination and its businesses. VILN offers a flexible working pattern and benefits from a modern and light workspace in a great location.
This Event Manager role presents the chance to make a lasting difference to the Inverness and Loch Ness area; by delivering and shaping existing events and using the creative freedom offered to develop a calendar of innovative events. There is opportunity to work with a diverse range of businesses, local communities, public and private organisations which leads to a varied and stimulating working environment. The hope is this new Event Manager role will deliver organisational growth, provide positive economic impact for the member businesses and support the marketing of the destination to a global audience.
Candidates selected for interview will be asked to provide a presentation lasting no longer than 15
Post Designation: Event Manager
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Hours: Full time – 37.5hours per week
Position: 23 Month fixed with the expectation to become permanent
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Visit Inverness Loch Ness Office, Smithton, Inverness
Job Summary: To deliver and develop a calendar of safe, commercially successful and sustainable events that engage the local public and encourage visitors to the area. To market and sustain the Loch Ness 360 Trail, support community development and market the active tourism opportunities in the destination.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deliver a calendar of new and existing events on time, within budget and that meet
2. Develop strong working relationships at operational level with member businesses, public
agencies, private sector partners and other stakeholders
3. Manage the delivery of the Loch Ness Challenge including marketing, health and safety, risk assessments, community engagement, stakeholder engagement, supplier relationships, and financial budgeting and management
4. Market the newly developed Loch Ness 360 Trail
5. Manage the Loch Ness 360 infrastructure and support development of local communities
6. Collaborate with local communities on the delivery of new and existing events
7. Market events, sustainable and active tourism
8. Recruit, support and manage teams of volunteers
9. Promote and assist bringing regional and national events to the destination
10. Collate feedback from attendees at events and generate report
11. Undertake regional and national presentations as required
12. Research, compile and maintain a register of event facilities and service suppliers
13. Compile and maintain a database of local contacts for all event tourism enquiries
14. Keep directors informed of all event tourism activities and developments through the Visit Inverness Loch Ness Board Business Development Sub Group
15. Write press and media releases as and when required
16. Manage the Events department budget in line with good financial practice to ensure that all activity is delivered within the agreed budget
17. Be responsible for all elements of annually agreed funding from 3rd parties, including submission of funding applications, drawing down of funds, making claims and maintaining records
18. Attend Board meetings and other third-party meetings as requested by the CEO
19. Undertake other operational tasks as requested by the CEO
20. Support colleagues and the CEO in delivering the wider organisational objectives
21. Be responsible for ensuring personal compliance with GDPR in the workplace
Minimum Desirable Criteria
1. Proven experience as Event Manager
2. Skilled in project management
3. Able to produce and meet KPI’s
4. Experience of working with both the private and public sector
5. Excellent communication and negotiation skills
6. Excellent organisational skills
7. A team player with leadership skills
8. High level of experience of event management including marketing and health and safety
9. Good understanding and experience of financial budgeting, management and controls
10. Ability to work to tight deadlines
11. Ability to work collaboratively and build trust with colleagues, stakeholders and members
12. Confident user of Microsoft Office and generally high level of digital skills
13. Ability to manage social media effectively and contribute to updating of websites
14. A full driving license and willingness to travel is required
15. Motivated to provide excellent service to Visit Inverness Loch Ness members and support the growth of the organisation.
To apply for this Event Manager role, please submit a CV and covering letter to:
Michael Golding – CEO Visit Inverness Loch Ness: [email protected]