Loch Ness is one of Scotland’s best-known brands both nationally and internationally. Neighbouring Inverness is also a travel hub and destination for both tourists and business. For a number of years Loch Ness and Inverness had been marketed separately but with the establishment of Visit Inverness Loch Ness in 2014, the two destinations have been brought together to maximise the strengths of both for the long-term benefit of tourism in the area, and to market and promote as one destination.
This is the first tourism bid of its kind in the UK, voted for by our local tourism businesses, our aim is to ‘better market and promote the area’ and contribute towards united aims to enhance tourism and the visitor experience in our Highland region. Tourism businesses outwith our region are free to “opt-in” to our TBID in order to feature on our website and social platforms and to benefit from our Tourism BID services and efforts.
* * * *
VisitInvernessLochNess AGM 2019 – 19th September 2019 at Highland Rugby ClubTBID Achievments To Date
* To increase visitor (leisure and business) numbers to the area
* To increase the length of stay of visitors
* To enhance the visitor journey (before, during and after) their visit
* Improve the visitor experience overall
* Help to create a more sustainable local tourism industry
* To better market and promote the area
* To attract more business tourism and conferences
* Improve the tourism infrastructure
* Provide opportunities for business development to member businesses
* To support new and existing sustainable events and festivals
* To act as a voice for the local tourism industry on issues that are of concern to businesses
Contact the VILN Team
Need Help? Have an offer to share? Or news to add to our website? Get in touch with the VILN team. We are on hand Monday to Friday to support your business needs.
Share On Social
We are always looking for new information and offers from our members to share on social. Contact us with a link to a Facebook event you’re hosting or special offer here.
If you have a special offer we can share on our website, please send the offer details, whats included, marketing text, booking dates & link with a high-res image to our team.