Get your WorldHost badge for excellent customer service!
By 2020, customer service is expected to overtake price and product as a brand differentiator. WorldHost training provides businesses with the opportunnity to gain a highly-regarded "must-have" badge for customer service.
When you train 50% of your "front line" staff on the 1 day course, you’ll be able to gain WorldHost Recognised Business status. Once 25% of tourism businesses in Inverness and Loch Ness achieve Recognised Business Status, our area we will become a WorldHost Recognised Destination. We are very excited to say that we are close to achieving this, thanks to the support of the tourism businesses listed below.
What is the World Host Programme all about?
The WorldHost Principles of Customer Service programme will give your staff the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent customer service that will give your business a great reputation.
We know that, in an increasingly competitive business environment, you need to work even harder to retain customers and win new ones – and that’s where this training can help.
Through this interactive programme, Marina Huggett, Tourism Excellence Consultancy will get your staff to think about their own experiences of good and bad service, understand why their role has such an impact on your customers’ experience and learn vital communication and listening skills that will set them up for success.
What will you and/or your staff learn on the programme?
You/your staff will learn:
• Why customer service is such an important part of their role
• How to make an excellent first impression and make customers feel welcome
• How using customers’ names can help to create a good rapport, and techniques for remembering names
• Communication skills for success
• How to empathise with customers, and why handling their concerns is so important
• Why listening is an essential part of the customer service process, and how to do it effectively
• The value of tourism, and the important role they play in generating revenue for your business and the wider tourism economy
• How to ‘go the extra mile’ – including making five commitments on how they will do this in your business
“Jacobite have participated in the WorldHost programme for over 3 years now. We were the first visitor attraction in the Highlands to go for WorldHost recognition status. Our team gained a great deal and the recognition status keeps them motivated and inspired to keep up the momentum of great service and to go the extra mile for all our guests. They know and understand how to deal positively with difficult situations which is a bonus.”
Freda Newton, Managing Director, Loch Ness by Jacobite
“Rather than provision of great service being a top-down approach in an organisation, World Host is a great tool for empowering and encouraging front line members of staff to take responsibility for coming up with their own ideas on how to make their guests’ experience more memorable.”
Mike Dunthorne, Owner, Boots N Paddles
Some benefits identified by previous participants:
1. Increased revenue, average visitor spend and net sales
2. Improved year-round occupancy levels
3. An increase in repeat business and referrals
4. Better customer service ratings and/or quality assurance scores
5. Increased staff motivation and satisfaction
6. Staff that are empowered to deliver high quality and consistent customer service to all of their customers
7. Reduced absenteeism and staff turnover levels
8. Better communication between staff
9. An increase in applications for job vacancies
10. An increased commitment from employees to support the growth and improvement of the business and the local visitor economy
11. Positive PR opportunities
12. Being able to display the WorldHost recognised Business logo on all business-related collateral, websites and other promotional/sales materials
What is the cost?
The full cost of the training is £95 but at the moment People 1st offer a £40 subsidy reducing the cost to £55. This subsidy is only available for SME businesses who meet the criteria set out on People 1st's website – click here for further information.
More dates coming soon for 2017!
New training dates will be announced soon. The training takes place in the Visit Inverness Loch Ness office, c/o Forestry Commission, Tower Road, Smithton, Inverness. However, we can arrange to hold the training at your premises if you have 8 or more staff.
WorldHost Accredited Businesses in Inverness Loch Ness AreaLoch Ness by Jacobite
Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition
The Dairy at Daviot Luxury Self-catering
Steadings at the Grouse & Trout
St Anns Guest House
Boots N' Paddles
Highland Free Spirit
Higher Ground Consultancy
Balblair Self-Catering Cottages
Castle View Guest House
Great Glen B&B
Loch Ness Glamping
Lann Dearg Studios
Eastgate Shopping Centre Team
Visit Scotland Information Centre - The Picnic Area, Inverness
Visit Scotland Information Centre - Drumnadrochit
Visit Scotland Information Centre - Inverness
Loch Ness Shores Camping and Caravanning Club
Royston Guest House
CBRE Managed Services Ltd
Highlands & Islands Airports Ltd - Inverness Airport
Glenurquhart House Hotel
Loch Ness Clansman Hotel
Moyness Guest House
The Gun Lodge Hotel
Around Loch Ness Tours
Inverglen Guest House
Foyers Stores and Waterfall Cafe