Welcome to VisitInvernessLochNess
VisitInvernessLochNess is the Tourism Business Improvement District (BID) for Inverness and Loch Ness. The organisation was established in March 2014 following a ballot of all member businesses. Today the organisation has over 450 members from all the key tourism sectors, hotels, guest houses, self-catering, visitor attractions and many more.
The goals of the organisation are to create a more sustainable local tourism industry better able to compete with other similar sized destinations nationally and internationally, by increasing visitor numbers to the area, increasing the level of visitor spend, the length of stay and improving the tourism infrastructure.
To achieve these goals the organisation has six objectives:
- To market and promote Inverness and Loch Ness as one destination, with particular focus on the shoulder and winter months
- To attract more conferences and business tourism to the area
- To promote and support existing and new sustainable events and festivals
- To provide workshop opportunities for businesses to grow and develop
- To work with partners to improve the tourism infrastructure of the area.
- To act as a strong voice for the local tourism industry on issues that affect members
In order to achieve these objectives VisitInvernessLochNess is committed to fulfilling the activities outlined in the Business Plan.
Achieving the goals of VisitInvernessLochNess will benefit all members and a list of direct member benefits can be viewed at Member Benefits.
The organisation is a company limited by guarantee with an elected Board of Directors and management team. The organisation works collaboratively with a number of organisations including Forestry Commission Scotland, HIE, Highland Council, VisitScotland, Scottish Canals, Historic Scotland, Inverness City Centre BID and Inverness Hotels Association.
If you have any questions or wish more information about content on this website, please contact email@example.com or alternatively phone 01463 219219.