Discover beautiful views and share them with us #visitnessie!
Relatively new to the world of smartphones and Instagram I was asked by the VisitInvernessLochNess team to keep an eye out for “instagrammable” views around Inverness and Loch Ness. A picture speaks 1000 words as they say and the whole team is keen to show potential and returning visitors how beautiful our area is and how much there is to see and to be explored!
So I set off one weekend, smartphone at the ready, not sure if the perfect photo opportunity would present itself…but there was no need to worry! Before I knew it I had a whole collection of lovely photos to share with all of you – a bench with a view of the River Nairn near Cawdor, my mountain bike on the beach, the River Ness and Inverness Castle under blue skies… Once you start looking for photo opportunities it’s hard to stop! Wait…look at that interesting bit of driftwood looking a bit like Nessie and over there – these clouds look amazing…!
We’ve already planned our next weekend excursions and will of course keep posting photos of our lovely area as we go. More importantly – we would love to see your photos of Loch Ness and Inverness, too! Use the hashtag #visitnessie when you post your photos on Instagram and we will be happy to share them with the world!
If you’ve just arrived for your holiday or short break or are new to photography and not sure where to start on your hunt for the perfect Instagram photo, we recommend these Top 10 Inverness and Loch Ness beauty spots –
- Glen Affric
- Ness Islands in Inverness
- Classic view of Loch Ness from Dores or Fort Augustus
- View of Loch Ness and the Great Glen from the Suidhe viewpoint on the South Loch Ness Trail
- The conservation village of Cawdor and Cawdor Castle
- Falls of Foyers
- View of the Great Glen from Meall Fuar-mhonaidh (if you’re feeling energetic)
- View of the Beauly Firth from Clachnaharry
- The Clava (or Nairn) Viaduct from the road at Clava Cairns
- Thomas Telford’s bridge at Invermoriston