City is Centre Stage as Performers take to the Streets...
Visitors to Inverness can expect the city to put on a real show in the new few days as the city plays host to the sixth annual Inverness Street Theatre Festival!
With venues across the city centre being transformed into impromptu performance spaces, shoppers, workers and visitors may find themselves front row at a unique outdoor performance as they explore Inverness today, tomorrow and Saturday (Thurs 15th to Sat 17th September).
What is Happening at the Inverness Street Theatre Festival?
Head along to the Victorian Market, Falcon Square and Eastgare or the High Street to be sure to catch some of the Street Theatre Action – with a selection of exciting acts to appeal to all ages including:
- Granny Turismo: Mary, Marge and Gladys ride atop their shopping trollies with amazing aplomb, creating some amazing dance routines and winning the hearts of visitors to the city in the Highlands.
- Duke Loopin: This family friendly performed has “whip crackin’” cowboy skills!
- The Jerome Show: Circus tricks to amaze all ages
- Figo: Weird stunts and comedy coming the the streets of Invernss.
- Todd Various: A popular act last year, Todd is a Street Comedian and Escapologist who will amaze Inverness audiences.
- Big Rory and Ochie: The giant Scotsman and his faithful four legged friend return to the street of Inverness on Saturday.
- Curious Cargo: A meadow sprite, flower laden travellers and slightly loopy lollipop lady will be bringing their own brand of lighthearted laughs to the heart of the Highlands.
- TNT Youth Street Band: Brass, reeds, street drumming and attitude from the 40-strong musical crew.
Back by popular demand for the 2015 Inverness Street Theatre Festival is international balloon modeller POP who will be located in the Victorian Market, where families can also join in the balloon hunt and attempt to spot all of his amazing creations!
Inverness Street Theatre Festival Grand Finale, Falcon Square
The whole event will culminate in a Grand Finale performance at 4pm on Saturday in Falcon Square with music and laughs for Inverness visitors of all ages!
- For full details of which acts will be permforming where and when check out the Inverness Street Theatre Festival 2015 Programme from organisers InvernessBID.
- If you catch any of the acts we'd love to hear about it! Visit our Facebook page to share you pix or tweet them to @visitnessie using #ISTF15!