image for Historic Site item typeSt. Ninian's Church

St Ninian's

St Ninian's

Church, free entry

Contact

Marjorie Wilson

01456 450715

Address

Glen Urquhart,
by Inverness,
IV63 6TN

Details

St. Ninian’s Scottish Episcopal Church was designed by Alexander Ross and consecrated in 1853. With a lovely setting on the north shore of Loch Meiklie, this little church features a crowstepped bellcote and an oriel window. An Early Christian cross slab, believed to be possibly late 4th century, is incorporated into the altar, while carpets in the sanctuary, designed by George Bain, bear intricate Celtic imagery. The church is always open and visitors are welcome.

Children welcome

Prices

Free entry

Location

Directions

See location of St. Ninian's Church on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: NH 419304  Lat: 57.33668 Long: -4.62701

Facilities

  • Children welcomeChildren welcome