Located in-between the serene beauty of Glen Affric and Glen Strathfarrar, the finest remaining stands of pristine Caledonian pine-forest wilderness in Scotland, Eagle Brae is a luxury self-catering eco-resort like no other. Genuine hand-crafted log cabins forged from colossal cedar logs and topped with wild-flower green roofs. There are no machine cut logs and no two logs are the same: every cabin is a unique handmade work of log art. The cabin interiors are finished with hand carved wooden panels depicting Scottish wildlife, Celtic knotwork and Pictish motifs.
Everything at Eagle Brae is hand-made like the good old days: hand-woven tweed curtains, custom hand-made hardwood furniture, hand-carved interiors, hand-woven cotton rugs and Eagle Brae’s own antler chandeliers.
The cabins are set well apart around an old Highland broch on an elevated ridge overlooking beautiful Strathglass. Eagle Brae has been specifically designed as a carbon neutral tourist destination: powered by a micro-hydro turbine, heated by biomass boilers and with our own underground natural water supply.
Eagle Brae exclusively offers guests our own online concierge service where guests can order home-cooked prepared meals, fine wines, rare-breed meats and groceries either in advance of their stay as well as during their stay. After a long day climbing Munros Eagle Brae’s ‘catered’ self-catering hits the mark!
Guests at Eagle Brae can choose from a wide range of exciting and unique activities some of which aren’t available elsewhere: black grouse safaris, camera stalking, salmon fishing, canoeing and kayaking, sled-dog rides, hunting, archery, pony trekking and clay-pigeon shooting…….or just relaxing in your beautiful log cabin watching the wild deer graze outside.
Each unit has PC and printer, smart TV, DVD blueray player and stereo with docking station.
Each kitchen has food processor, steamer, cafetiere, bread bin, and all other kitchen equipment.
Complimentary tea, coffee, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, handwash, soaps, shampoos, tinfoil, clingfilm, bin liners, loo roll, clothes washing powder and conditioner.
All baby equipment provided: cot, high chair, sterilizer, monitor, potty, nappy changing mat and bin, toddler loo seat, toddler cutlery, toddler stool, all cot bedding.
Prepared meals can be delivered to cabins.
NH 380360 57.40191 -4.67990
By car: Head along the A831 either from Beauly heading south or from Cannich heading north. Look out for Eagle Brae's large hand-carved wooden sign opposite our front entrance. Turn in there, over the cattle-grid and up the hill and follow signs to reception.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Cycles for hire
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in Hindustani
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Prepared meals can be delivered to cabins.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Steps to the main entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bedrooms available with separate, private or shared bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users